|Nation Overview||Strategic Overview||CtW Information||History|
The Turks are one of the 18 nations in the original Rise of Nations. They have the Power of Siege, based on the Ottoman Empire's effective use of siege cannons; which led to the taking of nigh-impregnable city of Constantinople, and a turning point in the history of warfare.
Power of Siege
- All Siege/artillery units and Bombardment Ships have their range and line of sight both increased by +3 tiles.
- Receive 2 free siege unit(s) whenever you build a new Siege Factory or Factory.
- Siege units upgrade automatically and for free as soon as technology prerequisites are fulfilled.
- Citizens are 33% cheaper.
- Conquered cities are assimilated 200% faster.
- Military research at the Library 33% cheaper.
The Turkish unique Gunpowder Infantry have +1 attack strength and +3 movement speed compared to the standard units they replace. The Janissaries have a slightly slower firing rate (with a 45 frames cooldown instead of 44), but the Royal Janissaries have a faster firing rate (40 frames instead of 44) and thus deal more damage per second than the Musketeers they replace.
The Basilica Bombard has a faster firing rate (57 frame cooldown instead of 60) than the standard Bombard it replaces. The Turkish unique Artillery weapons have higher accuracy than the standard units they replace, and the Basilica Cannon has an additional 5% splash damage. The Turkish unique Artillery weapons also have an additional 10% damage bonus against buildings.
|Turkish Unique Gunpowder Infantry, Gunpowder Age - stronger and faster than ordinary Gunpowder Infantry.|
|Turkish Unique Artillery Weapons, Gunpowder Age - expensive and slow-moving; extremely effective at long range against enemy buildings and foot troops.|
|Turkish Unique Gunpowder Infantry, Enlightenment Age - stronger and faster than ordinary Gunpowder Infantry.|
|Turkish Unique Artillery Weapons, Enlightenment Age - expensive and slow-moving; particularly effective at long range against enemy buildings and foot troops.|