|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
Modern Infantry is a late game class of infantry units. They upgrade from the now-obsolete Gunpowder Infantry in the Industrial Age. Modern Infantry is trained and upgraded at the Barracks, requiring both Food and Timber.
Modern Infantry units are fast-moving, versatile soldiers, effective against most infantry units (except Machine Guns) as well as Artillery Weapons and Support Units. In turn, they can be countered with Tanks and Machine Guns.
Modern Infantry complements the late game Heavy Infantry, which is more effective in fighting the armored vehicles, but very weak against infantry.
List of Modern InfantryEdit
Unit costs Edit
Modern Infantry production cost increases progressively with every Barracks unit on the field or currently in production. The default increase is of 1 Food and 1 Timber for the second unit created, increasing further with every new unit until the cost cap is reached, which for military units is +125% of their original base value.
Nation powers Edit
- The American Power of Innovation: Receive Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth to gather rate for every non-garrisoned Modern Infantry. All military ground unit upgrades, including Modern Infantry, are 25% cheaper.
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Infantry units, including Modern Infantry, move 25% faster and do not require Military research to be upgraded.
- The Iroquois Power of Nation: All Modern Infantry have hit points, are hidden when not attacking and heal while idle in friendly territory, and (undocumented/hidden) the Industrial Age Riflemen move 25% faster.
- The Japanese Power of Honor: For each Age plus Military research, Barracks units, including Modern Infantry, are created 7% cheaper and 10% faster, and do 5% extra damage vs. buildings.
- The Terra Cotta Army automatically creates a Modern Infantry (being the successor of Gunpowder Infantry, which in turn is the successor of Light Infantry) every 30 seconds plus 0.5 seconds for every infantry units owned by the player.
- The Angkor Wat reduces the cost of Barracks units, including Modern Infantry, by 25%.
- The Statue of Liberty makes all ground units, including Modern Infantry, upgraded for free.