|Nation Overview||Strategic Overview||CtW Information||History|
The Japanese are one of the 18 nations in the original Rise of Nations. They have the Power of Honour, based on the emblematic warrior class of the Samurai and their strict code of honour, which deeply integrated into general Japanese society over the centuries.
Power of Honour
- Barracks units created 7% cheaper and 10% faster, for each Age plus Military research.
- The 10% faster Barracks unit creation time stacks additively per Age. For example, in Industrial Age with Military 5 (Levee en Masse) researched, Barracks units will be created 50% faster than normal. This includes both the base and ramping build times. The cheaper cost affects only the base cost, but it also decreases the cost of unit upgrades (though only the base cost portion).
- Barracks units do 5% extra damage vs. buildings for each Age plus Military research.
- Ships are 10% cheaper and Aircraft Carriers are created 33% faster.
- Farms are 50% cheaper.
- Farms and Fishermen produce +25% resources.
The Japanese unique Heavy Infantry have +5 hit points, +1 attack strength, +1 armor, +3 turn speed, and 30 instead of 32 frames for attack recharge (meaning they attack faster). The additional armor means they survive longer against cities and towers, making them more useful for early rushes. Ancient Age Hoplites have a 12% damage penalty against buildings, but the Ashigaru Spearmen do not have this penalty, making them significantly stronger against cities early on.
The Samurai have an attack recharge of 15 frames (twice as fast as the already-enhanced 30 frames of Japanese unique Heavy Infantry), but have a 50% damage penalty against units and buildings. Thus, they attack twice as fast but do only half as much damage per hit; however, this means that the defender's armor is effectively applied twice, compared with the usual attack rate and damage.
|Japanese Unique Heavy Infantry, Ancient Age - powerful, slow melee units; stronger and tougher than normal Hoplites.|
|Japanese Unique Heavy Infantry, Classical Age - powerful, slow melee units; stronger and tougher than normal Phalanx.|
|Japanese Unique Heavy Infantry, Medieval Age - powerful, slow melee units; stronger and tougher than normal Pikemen.|
|Japanese Unique Heavy Infantry, Gunpowder Age - powerful, slow melee units; stronger and tougher than normal Elite Pikemen.|
|Japanese Unique Heavy Infantry, Enlightenment Age - slow, powerful short-ranged gunpowder units; stronger and tougher than normal Fusiliers.|
- Queen Himiko
- Masakado Taira
- Shogun Yoritomo Minamoto
- Shogun Takauji Ashikaga
- Nobunaga Oda
- Shogun Ieyasu Tokugawa