|Building Overview||Technologies||Game Strategies||History|
|This article is a stub. You can help improving this article by expanding it.|
Forts are defensive buildings available from the Classical Age onward, as soon as Military 2 (Mercenaries) is researched. Forts are meant to protect an area more effectively than a Tower; being larger, tougher and more damaging, with faster and stronger shots. However, this increases with every unit that garrisons inside; The more units, the faster and more powerful the Fortress' attack. Garrisoning a General provides Forts with +1 attack strength and +1 attack range.
Forts also expand the national borders to a great extension of their surrounding area, much like cities, and can field a large garrison. The Fort is also the building where and Generals and Spies are recruited. Like towers, they also serve as a safe haven for Citizens to shelter whenever the alarm is raised.
There are also two types of research available at Forts. The first is the line of Fortification technologies, which increases Forts' range, national border expansion and hit points. The second is the line of Strategy technologies, which increases the radius, resilience and maximum craft for Generals and Spies.
Forts cannot engage aircraft, which Anti-Aircraft are usually employed, but they do have the ability to take down Helicopters.
The Red Fort Wonder, included in the Thrones and Patriots Expansion, fulfils the role of a Super Fort; boasting twice as much power as a standard Fort, including a 35 garrison capacity, plus resistance to air assault. It is still outranged by most Siege Units however.
All Forts automatically upgrade for free, when the tech requirements are met. Building cost is not affected by upgrades.
|Building||Age||Requires||Base HP||Base range|
|Classical Age||Military 2 (Mercenaries)||2000||0-10 tiles|
|Medieval Age||Military 2 (Mercenaries)||2800||0-10 tiles|
|Enlightenment Age||Military 4 (Conscription)||3700||0-11 tiles|
|Modern Age||Military 6 (Nation-in-Arms)||4600||0-12 tiles|
|Gunpowder Age||Military 2 (Mercernaries)||6000||0-14 tiles|
- The British Power of Empire: Forts have +2 range.
- The French Power of Leadership: Receive a free General upon a Fort/Castle/Fortress/Redoubt's completion.
- The Indian Power of Majesty: Forts rise in cost at half their normal rate.
- The Lakota Power of the Plains: Can build Forts anywhere except in enemy territory.
- The Maya Power of Architecture: Forts fire extra projectiles, have hit points and are built 20% faster.
- The Roman Power of Caesar: Forts are 25% cheaper and built 50% faster, has an increased border push of +3, and Fort technologies are researched for free as soon as they are available.
- The Colosseum makes Forts 20% cheaper.
- The Red Fort makes Fort technologies researched for free as soon as they are available, and grants Forts +33% hit points.
- The Taj Mahal grants Forts +100% hit points.