|Unit Information||Game Strategies||History|
Artillery Weapons are a type of units in Rise of Nations. They become available in the Classical Age and are built at the Siege Factory (Factory from the Industrial Age and later ages), requiring both Timber and Metal (Oil an Metal from Modern Age on). Unlike Infantry and Cavalry, artillery units take up two population points ().
Artillery Weapons are long-range siege units and very effective in attacking enemy cities and buildings from a distance. They generally outrange all stationary fortifications like Forts, Towers and cities, and are also somewhat effective in attacking other stationary targets like enemy artillery, bombardment ships or deployed Merchants. However, they have very little armor and can easily be destroyed, thus they need to be protected by own infantry and/or cavalry units. In formations, artillery units try to line up behind the infantry, along with Supply Wagons and Generals.
All artillery units need to deploy/unpack before being able to attack, and pack before being able to move again. It takes most artillery units 5.3 seconds (80 frames) to deploy or pack; however, the Modern Age Howitzer (and Russian Katyusha Rocket) only takes 2.7 seconds (40 frames), and the Information Age Rocket Artillery only takes 1.3 seconds (20 frames). When outside of their nation's territory (including if they're in an ally's territory), they also require the presence of a Supply Wagon or The Despot/Monarch/Comrade Patriot to operate at full efficiency - otherwise they will fire at a much slower rate. Catapults and Trebuchets fire at 2/3 the rate when not being supplied, while the others fire at half the rate.
List of Artillery WeaponsEdit
Unit costs Edit
Artillery Weapons' production cost increases progressively with every Siege Factory/Factory unit on the field or currently in production. The default increase is 20 Timber and 20 Metal for the second unit created, increasing further with every new unit until the cost cap is reached, which for military units is +125% of their original base value.
Nation powers Edit
- The American Power of Innovation: Artillery Weapons upgrades are 25% cheaper.
- The Bantu Power of Migration: Artillery Weapons do not require Military research to be upgraded.
- The French Power of Leadership: Siege Factory/Factory units, including Artillery Weapons, are created cheaper and faster, and move faster.
- The Iroquois Power of Nation: Artillery Weapons are hidden when not attacking and heal while idle in friendly territory.
- The Turk Power of Siege: Artillery Weapons have +3 range and line of sight, and are upgraded for free. Also receive two free Artillery Weapons whenever a Siege Factory/Factory is built.
- The Versailles makes Artillery Weapons move 25% faster.
- The Statue of Liberty makes Artillery Weapons upgraded for free.