|Nation Overview||Strategic Overview||CtW Information||History|
The Americans are one of the six nations introduced in the Thrones and Patriots expansion. They have the Power of Innovation, which refers to the fact that Americans have made many inventions since their creation and made many major discoveries in the rational community of science.
Power of Innovation
- First Wonder is built instantly, if no other nation is also building it. This doesn't work with the Information Age wonders Space Program and Super Collider. Building the wonder still requires the resources to be paid.
- Governments are researched for free at the Senate. They still require time to be researched.
- Receive one free Scholar with each new University.
- The free Scholars are given only up to the population limit.
- All aircraft and carriers are 20% cheaper. Does not include missiles.
- Receive Bomber at each new Airbase from Modern Age onward.
- The free Bombers are given only up to the population limit.
- 25% cheaper military ground units upgrades. Affects both the base cost and ramping cost.
- Receive Food, Timber, Metal, and Wealth to gather rate for every non-Scout Barracks unit, except when garrisoned. Metal is not gathered before Classical Age is researched.
The Americans' line of unique Gunpowder Infantry and Modern Infantry units have increased hit points compared to the standard units they replace and lessened movement effects of terrain, as well as a special "automatic Entrench when idle for 5 seconds" ability. This special auto-Entrench ability does not require a General and functions even inside enemy and neutral territory, making them useful for protecting siege units during sieges and defending newly captured cities still under assimilation. When moving over water, Marine transports have +70 HP compared to the standard transport and also have +2 moves per Military research.
Damage-wise, American unique units have the same base attack damage and attack rate as the standard units they replace. However, Continental Marines don't receive the +20% damage bonus against Heavy Infantry that Musketeers do, so they do less damage to Heavy Infantry than the standard Musketeers they replace. Additionally, most Light Infantry, Gunpowder Infantry, and Modern Infantry have a 5% damage penalty against Light Cavalry and Heavy Cavalry, but the Americans' unique units do not have this penalty (nor do the Modern Age Infantry), so they effectively have a 5% damage bonus versus those unit types compared to the units that they replace, except for Marine Infantry.
|American Unique Gunpowder Infantry, Enlightenment Age - powerful in quantity but somewhat slow-firing. Marine Transports are faster and tougher than normal, and Marine units automatically Entrench after 5 seconds of being idle.|
|American Unique Modern Infantry, Industrial Age - powerful and accurate foot troops. Marine Transports are faster and tougher than normal, and Marine units automatically Entrench after 5 seconds of being idle.|
|American Unique Modern Infantry, Modern Age - fast, powerful, rapid-firing foot troops accurate even at long range. Marine Transports are faster and tougher than normal, and Marine units automatically Entrench after 5 seconds of being idle.|
|American Unique Modern Infantry, Information Age - fast, powerful, rapid-firing foot troops. Marine Transports are faster and tougher than normal, and Marine units automatically Entrench after 5 seconds of being idle.|
- The Americans are the only nation to use the "Colonial" building set.